The DermaSilk Facial Mask covers the head and forehead, chin and neck, ears and face, balaclava-style, offering the healing properties of DermaSilk’s Microbe Shield technology in these difficult-to-treat areas. The stretchy knitted fabric allows you to position the Mask over the nose and lips if you wish.
The breathable medical grade silk of the Facial Mask retains moisture without feeling damp, and is bonded to a Microbe Shield™ that inhibits bacterial and fungal growth. No chemicals are released onto the skin and the Mask will remain effective after repeated washes.
To fit older children (8+) and teens (head circumference about 50-54cm) or to fit adults (head circumference about 54cm).
- Class 1 Medical Device
- promotes healing, protects against scratching
- Microbe Shield™ controls the spread of bacteria and fungi
- proven effective as corticosteroids in published clinical trials*
- calms and soothes, seams on the outside
- lightweight, cool and comfortable
- 98% pure silk, 2% Lycra with Microbe Shield™
- hand wash, dry flat
Antimicrobial Silk Clothing in the Treatment of Atopic Dermatitis Proves Comparable to Topical Corticosteroid Treatment. Sent G. and colleagues from Zurich University Hospital. Published in Dermatology September 2006. Issue 213 pp 228-233