Collection of Customer Information
Customer Information that you submit
Visitors to the Site can make use of the majority of the services provided, without disclosing any personal information. However, to take full advantage of the online ordering services, you will be required to provide personal details. Information that you submit to Allergy Best Buys, for instance by ordering online or by sending us an e-mail enquiring about a product will be recorded by Allergy Best Buys and will be used for the purposes set out below.
If you place an order with us online we will collect the following information
- Your title
- Your forename
- Your surname
- Your telephone number
- We will only use your telephone number to contact you regarding your order. We have no plans to use telephone or SMS marketing.
- Your email address
- We use your email address to send you correspondence regarding your order. Before progressing to the payment stage of the checkout you will be asked to indicate your email preferences which we will respect. In addition you can indicate at the checkout that you would like to receive emails from us detailing offers, product information and allergy information.
- Your address -We currently do not have plans to send out catalogues but reserve the right to do so. If you do not wish this to happen please contact us.
If you do not wish to have cookies on your computer, all browsers have a feature to remove cookies in the settings or preferences.
An internet protocol address ("IP Address") is a number automatically assigned to your computer on connecting to the Internet. Allergy Best Buys will make a record of your IP Address and may use it for administrative, security and statistical purposes. Use and Disclosure of Customer Information Customer Information is used to provide and/or enhance the services we offer to you. Allergy Best Buys may also use Customer Information to keep you informed of new products we think you may find of value. If you do not wish to receive promotional material tick the appropriate box on the online order form or contact us. Allergy Best Buys will not provide or sell Customer Information to any third party not affiliated with Allergy Best Buys other than in the circumstances set out below:
- We may disclose Customer Information to our agents and contractors in order to provide services to you.
- We may provide Customer Information to credit reference agencies.
- We reserve the right to release Customer Information when we believe that release is appropriate in order to comply with law or regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, agents or customers, or other third parties.
- We may also transfer Customer Information if we reorganise our business and/or sell part of our business (Customer Information may be one of the business assets transferred to the purchaser).
- We use the services of Feefo, a review service which collects reviews about us, so that we can improve the service and products we offer to our customers. We use Feefo as we feel that reviews that are collected without any interference from ourselves are more believable as whilst we can respond to reviews we cannot change them in any way. Roughly two weeks after your goods are delivered Feefo may email you with the opportunity to review our service and products. There is no need for you to respond to these emails should you not wish to.
Feefo does not do anything with your details other than send you an email and only shares your personal details with us so that we may identify individual transactions in the case of needing to respond to your review. To people other than Allergy Best Buys your review on the Feefo site can be anonymous. Your name and/or location will only be published with your specific permission given whilst submitting your review. See how Feefo displays reviews
Security of Customer Information
Allergy Best Buys understands that privacy is important to you. We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the Customer Information that we hold about you remains confidential. Information security techniques and controls, such as encryption, firewalls, anti-virus software and access control procedures are deployed to protect against:
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification; and
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
Customer Information is handled on a 'Need to Know' basis and access is only provided to those employees who have a legitimate need for that information for the purposes of our business. We do not hold your credit or debit card details.
Accuracy of Customer Information
If at any time you wish to update or correct any information we hold about you or you no longer wish us to use the information, please contact us. Click here to contact Allergy Best Buys
Allergy Best Buys reserves the right to amend the Policy at any time without prior notice.
You can at any time ask us to stop sending you emails. You can do this in two ways.
- Every email we send out has at least one (usually more than one) unsubscribe link at the bottom. Click this and you will be sent to a page which will ask you to choose your preference. Your choice will be altered that day
- You can contact us by email or phone and request us to remove all of your information. Whilst this is your right and we will comply, we feel it is best if you ask us to mark your file with a Do Not Contact rule. This is because we may in the future obtain your name from another source (for instance you may have signed up to an email list and allowed the owners of this list to share your information) and if we do not have a record of your preferences we may email again.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We keep data for the purpose that it was taken to keep a record of orders. Some of our products have a ten year guarantee so we keep your data for that long. In addition, many of our customers have chronic conditions so it is their interests for us to be able to inform them of any new products that become available for those conditions. Because we do not keep sensitive information about our customers and because some conditions are interrelated (for example asthma and eczema) we do not segment our customers by condition. This means that from time to time customers may receive emails that are not aligned with their needs.
The Legal Basis for Data Usage
Examples: We may ask you to consent to us sending you emails or you may allow another vendor to share your details with us
Example: Using your data to help us run our business in a normal way without impacting materially with your interests or rights
Example: Supplying your address to courier companies in order to deliver your orders to you. Legal Example: For supplying information to the authorities should we be defrauded.
When Do We Collect Your Data?
We collect or use information you have provided at these points:
- When you use our website
- When you contact our call centre
- When you email us
- When you ask us to send you information
- When you subscribe or unsubscribe from our email list
- When you comment on a product
- When you engage with us on social media
Our Contact Details
By Phone: 01274 56 56 99 Mon-Fri 8am-10pm, Sat & Sun 10am-4pm
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: Allergy Best Buys, Clientbase Fulfilment, Woodview Road, Paignton, TQ4 7SR