Banana "Ice Cream"
This is Gwyneth Paltrow’s recipe from: It's All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great
It has all the rich, creamy texture of ice cream with none of the dairy or sugar. The crunchy topping is easy to put together and really good, though you can leave it out if nuts are not safe for you.
Makes 1pint. Serves 4
• 4 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
• 150g/¼ cup roasted almonds, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons plus 2 tsp maple syrup
• ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
• 120ml/½ cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place banana slices in a single layer on a plate or tray lined with parchment or wax paper; freeze at least 3 hours. .
In a bowl, combine the almonds, 2 tsp maple syrup and salt.
In a food processor, pulse frozen banana slices, milk, vanilla and remaining 2 tbsp syrup, scraping down the sides as necessary, until mixture is the texture of soft-serve ice cream.
Serve immediately, spooned into bowls and sprinkled with the almond mixture.
201 calories per serving, 5g fat (1g saturated), 39g carbs, 4g fibre, 3g protein
More allergy information and advice here